Favnetsoft.Com - TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) recovery will help you flash custom roms, or stock roms. You can even revert back to Kitkat on Lenovo A6000/Plus and also you can take backups and restore it later if you brick your device while installing custom roms.
Pre-Requisites To Install TWRP Recovery
- Backup of your personal data
- Make sure the battery capacity of more than 50 %
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your device, read the tutorial here
- Go to Settings > Security and enable Unknown Sources option
- Connect your Lenovo A6000 to your PC and install the application (CDROM) which you can see in your My Computer or This PC
- Setup ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC, read the tutorial here
- Download the following TWRP recovery.img from here
- Tutorial How To Flash TWRP 22.214.171.124 Lollipop (SevenMaxs) on Lenovo A6000/Plus/SE
- Tutorial How To Flash Lenovo A6000 TWRP 126.96.36.199 Kitkat (SevenMaxs)
Step by Step Install TWRP Recovery On Lenovo A6000 Lollipop
- Extract lenovo-a6000-twrp-favnetsoft.com
- Copy the recovery.img file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot or C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory
- Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot or C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot directory and right click on py_cmd.exe file and Run as Administrator
- In the command box type the following:
- You will get this message:
- Now type in the command box
adb reboot bootloader
- This will reboot your device into Bootloader / Fastboot Mode.
- Now type again in the command box
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Once you get the finished message in the command box then type the following command to reboot Lenovo A6000.